Thread: nDVR doesn't purge metadata

Default nDVR doesn't purge metadata

I suppose this is a bug.
    I have WindowDuration set in the config, and I observe that m4fv files in the DVR storage folder are deleted as they go outside the window. My stream is video-only, so there are no m4fa files to speak of. But occasionally m4fm and m4fd files are created (I suppose it is when there is metadata in the stream), and they are never deleted. They remain in the "HHHH_MM_SS" folders along with the "dvrManifest_HHHH_MM_SS.txt" file.

I apologize, this is probably due to my messing with the nDVR API.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunternif View Post
    I suppose this is a bug.
    I have WindowDuration set in the config, and I observe that m4fv files in the DVR storage folder are deleted as they go outside the window. My stream is video-only, so there are no m4fa files to speak of. But occasionally m4fm and m4fd files are created (I suppose it is when there is metadata in the stream), and they are never deleted. They remain in the "HHHH_MM_SS" folders along with the "dvrManifest_HHHH_MM_SS.txt" file.
    The deletion is a bit more complicated. For m4fm files, we need to keep the last one before the current window duration, which may be outside of the current DVR window.

We also have a scheme for all chunk types where we keep a certain number of chunks before the current window. I think it is 10. So this may account for it as well.