Wowza Community

android encode live RTP/RTSP to wowza

Hi,

i hope to create an android app to encode live string from camera to wowza.

there are some questions want to ask.

THank you in advance.

i have read 2 articles about how to set up live streaming using RTP/RTSP encoder

article 1. https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-live-streaming-using-a-native-rtp-encoder-with-sdp-file

wowza config: set up Application.xml -> config admin.password -> create myStream.sdp ->Use StreamManager to start the stream

publish:"Consult your encoder documentation to configure an outgoing stream. Send it to the IP address of the server running Wowza Media Server.

"

in this way,

should the live stream publish to port 5006?

if there are many device, that publish different stream to wowza, how to playback those streams separately ? there are only one myStream.sdp

article 2. https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-live-streaming-using-an-rtsp-rtp-based-encoder

wowza config: set up Application.xml ->config publish.password

publish: “In your encoder, enter the following information and then click the Publish or Start button:Host Address: [wowza-ip-address]:1935 Stream Name: live/myStream.sdp”

isn’t the myStream.sdp needed to be created? don’t need to use StreamManager to start the stream?

live string should publish to port 1935 ?

how to let wowza get the stream name?

if i am going to develop an encoder, what else in working with wowza should i know in advance ?

what is the different between the 2 ways described in above 2 articles?

Thank you

PeggyCisco

Peggy,

The 2nd method is RTSP announce where the encoder initiates a connection and sends .sdp to to Wowza. You don’t need a .sdp file or use StreamManager with this kind of encoder.

The 1st method requires an encoder to generate a .sdp file which is copied to Wowza, then started in StreamManager.

I’m really not sure what is possible in Android, but the 1st method would be more practical.

I don’t have any experience or Wowza example, but a customer posted this solution for publishing from Android

Richard

Peggy,

Wirecast does RTSP announce. It is the 2nd set of instructions on this page:

Richard

Peggy,

The 2nd method is RTSP announce where the encoder initiates a connection and sends .sdp to to Wowza. You don’t need a .sdp file or use StreamManager with this kind of encoder.

The 1st method requires an encoder to generate a .sdp file which is copied to Wowza, then started in StreamManager.

I’m really not sure what is possible in Android, but the 1st method would be more practical.

I don’t have any experience or Wowza example, but a customer posted this solution for publishing from Android

BigVEncoder for Android

Richard

Hi Richard,

thank you so much for the direction.

i prefer the 2nd methord cause it no need to manually setup .sdp and streamManager in wowza.

for the 2nd methord, could you recommend an encoder you prefer? a desktop one is also ok.

so i can experience and study it

THank you!

Cheers

PeggyCisco