Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recording live streams using URL queries

Default recording live streams using URL queries

Hello,

I'm having troubles using the optional parameters in recording live streams using URL queries. For example, I would expect the following url request

http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8086/livestreamrecord?app=live&streamname=mychannel.stream_720p&action=startRecording&outputFile=mystream .flv

to result in a file named "mystream.flv". Nonetheless, the file is named "mychannel.flv" (as if the optional parameter "outputFile" was obmitted).

I have tried using different versions...e.g.

http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8086/livestreamrecord?app=live&streamname=mychannel.stream_720p&action=startRecording&outputFile=mystream .flv&format=1

but everytime, the file is named mychannel.flv. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

What version of Wowza are you using? There was a problem with these that was fixed. It works in my test with 3.5.2.01, though a date stamp is appended to the name.

Richard

Thanks for your answer. We're using Wowza 3.5.0.

In the help article it says "Updated: For Wowza Media Server 3.5 on 11/08/2012".

Do you still think it is a version problem? Best regards, kurt

Yes, I think so. You could try "outputfile" (lower-case "f"). Otherwise, update to 3.5.2 by applying this patch:

http://www.wowza.com/downloads/Wowza....x.x-3.5.2.zip

Richard

"outputfile" did not work but thank you for your swift reply - updating to 3.5.2 fixed it.

I've got two more questions and hope you can help me aswell with these:

1) Do you happen to know whether the list of optional parameters from help article is still complete? I was hoping for some parameter such as record-duration so that records would automatically stop after a given time.

2) [How] Can one obtain a list of all active recordings? (I know in streammanager active recordings are visible)

Right now, I've implemented some sort of record manager. The only thing I'm afraid of is a running record where the stop-command failed...free hardrive-space shrinks ... and the server goes down in the end.

For #1 you should be able to use segmentDuration, which is documented in the article

The list of active recordings is in the livestreamrecord HTML UI. StreamManager shows active MediaCaster streams, which is not all live streams necessarily; StreamManager does not show recordings.

Richard

Thank you for your excellent support!

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    For #1 you should be able to use segmentDuration, which is documented in the article
    Richard
    I've been trying to do the same thing, but it doesn't work. I just want to pass parameters that denote I want one file that has a segmentDuration of X seconds and it stops recording, but what it does instead is to just keep recording infinitely and makes files that are X seconds long and appends and underscore and a counter to them.

myfile_1.mp4
    myfile_2.mp4
    myfile_3.mp4

If this functionality isn't possible, I'd like to know if I can add that as a feature request along with the ability to record more than one target stream from a single source as I discussed in a previous thread http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...-Single-Stream.

These are two of the problems I'm running into in trying to replicate my existing functionality.

Thanks!

Having the same problem as ImAStreamer, still... SegmentDuration is not what is needed and I kindly suggest implementing such a feature in your future versions.. I'm sure many others would be interested as well. Also, recording more than one stream from a single source sounds usefull, too .. me for example I would like to start recording selected shows 5 minutes before they start until 5 minutes after they end to make sure that nothing is lost. But without the possibility to record more than one stream from that single source, it's hard to achieve sth. like that.

Best regards from Germany,
    Kurt

IAmaStreamer, check out this thread for parallel recording from one stream.

But as I have just read, your request was added and might be included in future versions. I'd rather have it implemented by the wowza team than implement it myself. Still, I'll try what has been written in above linked thread.

@rrlanham, domyou happen to know when circa this feature will be added to wowza?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast