Thread: Viewing Published RTSP Live Streams from Polycom RSS4000 in console

Default Viewing Published RTSP Live Streams from Polycom RSS4000 in console

Has anyone noticed an issue with viewing published Live Streams from the Polycom RSS4000 encoder and seeing log output in the console. I've been working with a client using the Polycom RSS4000 encoder and they can stream fine from the Polycom RSS4000 encoder over RTSP to the Wowza Server 3 (meaning they can playback the stream) but I've noticed that in standalone mode the console doesn't display the published stream. Information about the stream also appears in the acces log file.

Normally, you can see that the published stream is running in console. However, the stream is being published but just doesn't display in the console. I'm just curious to see if anyone else is seeing the same issue.

Derrick F.

Hi
    Have you opened Wowza in standalone while it's been running as a service by any chance?
    If Wowza is running as a service as well as in standalone mode it could be why you can connect but can't see the console display the connection info as it's connected to the server running in the background?

I can't think of any other explanation for this kind of behavior and I don't have a Polycom RSS4000 encoder to test.
    You could try using another encoder to connect while experiencing this issue to see if it follows the same behavior.

Jason

Hello Jason,

I don't believe it was running as a service in addition to standalone but I'll have the client do a test with the Polycom RSS4000 encoder to make sure. Thanks for the response.

Derrick F.