Thread: How to know what stream is being published

Default How to know what stream is being published

Hello,

Can anyone direct us to a way to know what stream is being published in Wowza. We have a situation where the administration of the Wowza server is in our hands but the FMLE publishing is done by another party. Sometimes we are not sure what is being done in the FMLE side. We need a way to see what is the stream that is coming in like what video and audio codec it is using, or what are the bit rates. I know that this information can be read from the Wowza log file but it is difficult task to search the log and find this information. It is like a needle in a hay stack.

Please help

Thanks.

Hi
    You can see the server info including connections by typing the following into your web browser :

Jason

Thank you for the reply. I saw this information. However, what I need is the video and audio information like the codecs used and bit rate.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Hi
    You can see the server info including connections by typing the following into your web browser :

Jason

Hi
    There is no simple way to get this information other than looking through the logs.
    Another popular method which involves some custom coding can be found here,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....es-codec-info)

This method involves using the Wowza IDE, writing code to pull the codec information you're looking and printing the codec information in a readable format.

Jason