Thread: Weird problem: RTMP, OSMF and long videos: timing issues after 5924 seconds

Default Weird problem: RTMP, OSMF and long videos: timing issues after 5924 seconds

This is a really really strange problem, we are developing an Android app for VOD. We decided on an Adobe AIR/Flex basis with Spark video Player as the player.

Now, there's a very strange bug. When a long video reaches a certain time (1:39:24 , i.e. 5924s), the current position displayed on the player interface starts to jump around. Instead of increasing by 1 every second, it will go from 1:39:24 to 1:39:35, stay there a few seconds then go to 38s, etc, jumping every few seconds.

It's more than likely an issue with OSMF and we are looking around there too, but on the off chance that it's to do with Wowza? It does not happen with JWplayer 5 or 6, or with OSMF on PC by Flash. We built a very basic test player, with no additional interface, and the problem repeats itself. It does not happen if we use sanjose streaming, but that brings about its own batch of bugs that we'd rather not sort out, as RTMP is working out perfectly apart from this glitch.

Videos are encoded with Handbrake, in 360p, 480p and 720p resolutions, and the glitch start at exactly the same time on any title or resolutions.

Soo.... any ideas?
    Last edited by eTiMaGo; 03-07-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Well, I set up the demo version of Adobe's media server and tested the app with it, the same glitch occurs... So that rules out Wowza, leaving only OSMF or perhaps even my encoding process...