Thread: Smooth Streaming with 2sec chunks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Smooth Streaming with 2sec chunks

I have some content with 2sec chunks for various bitrates in ismv files.

So i have almsot 6 bitrates with 6 ismv file and each have 2 sec chunked data.

I also have ism file as manifest.

Now, when i try to play tht with Wowza, server gives the error as unable to play as manifest got error.

When i play with some other media server it works fine.

I am playing on RHEL.

ANy debug info for that will be helpful

Are you using "smil:" prefix for the ism file?

yeah, i am using the smil prefix but still the same error:

Streaming Error: Caught exception trying to parse main manifest: At least one media stream is needed, none are declared in the manifest.

Error log shows the NullPointerException..! not sure what exactly is causing the issue..!

Also, when i play the mp4 file, it works well with the following URL:

in the same location, I have copied the ismv file and ism files. Now, i play the following URL: then it shows the error:

Streaming Error: Caught exception trying to parse main manifest: At least one media stream is needed, none are declared in the manifest.
    Last edited by nitinkumgoyal; 03-11-2013 at 07:41 AM.

If you are encoding multiple bit rate versions to one ismv file, which you can do with Expression 4 Encoder, that won't work in Wowza. They need to be separate files.

We really don't recommend this encoding path using Expression 4 Encoder. It can work, but the .ismv files are fragmented mp4 files and incur substantial added overhead, especially right at the beginning of client playback.

Take a look at this guide to encoding vod content, which includes pre-sets for E4E

E4E does not produce ism files using this method, you will have to make a smil file. If you are targeting iOS it is a good idea to add codec and resolution info to the smil:

Nopes, there are multiple bitrates file, each file for each bitrate but they are chunked as 2 sec chunks. The issue i see is that hte player is not able to read the manifest at all as when i open the URL it shows some default xml:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
    <SmoothStreamingMedia MajorVersion="2" MinorVersion="1" Timescale="10000000" Duration="0"></SmoothStreamingMedia>

which is not mine. So, do you see nay particular configuration issue which i may need to solve by putting some change sin Application.xml or something.

Also, i have edited my above comment with more details which may help.

Hm, empty manifest, duration is "0".

Does sample.mp4 work in your setup? http://localhost:1935/vod/mp4:sample.mp4/Manifest

Do you get a proper manifest from one of the ismv files? Use mp4: prefix like this: http://localhost:1935/vod/mp4:yourVideo.ismv/Manifest