Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: slow..

Hi
    Are you seeing skipped frames or anything else of that nature?
    How many streams are you sending from the PC running FMLE?
    What else is the machine running FMLE doing?
    Can you check the CPU usage of that machine?

Jason

hmm.. its not that bad playing rtmp.. all streams ok but fmle channels take a bit more time

hls all streams work ok except for fmle streams

Jason.. im running one stream on pc cpu is around 20% no skipped frames its an i7 3770k processor should handle sd without problem
    Last edited by pezehk; 03-14-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Again, what are the FMLE encoding details? What is the FPS setting? Bitrate? What client are you testing on?

Richard

1000kbs h264 main fps is set to 25 but it shows 51 .. rtmp takes 2-3 secs hls takes up to 20 secs sometiems :S

Hi
    Have you tried publishing with a lower bitrate from FMLE to see if it makes a difference?

Apple iOS devices will always have a delay due to the nature of the design, they have to collect a number of chunks before playing the first chunk.
    The default is 3 chunks which are 10 seconds in length which normally gives you a delay between 20-30 seconds.

This can be adjusted by using this tutorial,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....tinostreaming)

Jason

i havent tried that no.. im comparing this to a stream a saw on the internet a stream of 2000kbs which loads in 3secs hls stream

and then my stream takes very long time :S and then again i have some streams which are not from fmle of 1700kbs they load fast aswell

ive searched the net doesnt seem like people are experiencing problem with fmle :S

This is the advice we have for low latency live streaming.

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....re-to-playback

Is the audio MP3? If so, try 44100hz, 64 or 128kbs, I think that is what Flash prefers.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by pezehk View Post
    im comparing this to a stream a saw on the internet a stream of 2000kbs which loads in 3secs hls stream and then my stream takes very long time
    pezehk -- are you, by chance, comparing a pre-recorded stream to your "live" stream? Pre-recorded streams (VOD) will always start much faster than when you're creating a live stream.

When you encode a live stream through FMLE there is a natural buffer, as the encoder prepares the live video to send to the Wowza streaming server. Wowza then takes the stream and distributes it to clients (end users, EDGE servers, etc.). Once a live stream is running, it should be somewhat quick for someone to "join" the stream... but if you're launching your live encoding stream in FMLE and waiting to see how long it takes until it initially appears in a web browser, then you should expect that it may take a few seconds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12