Thread: no stream after updates, transcode erros

Default no stream after updates, transcode erros

Hello, newbie post and user but to Wowza.....

FMS was easy, but this is more challeging lol.... anyways I am having an issue right now that cant figure out what the heck is wrong. I was Live streaming with FMLE to the server n WMS via rtmp. The live stream was working fine, for last few days, since I started using WMS. I started adding the transcoder and that seems to have worked using the default examples, but didnt check logs, later finding that it didnt. I then tried adding IOS to the stream, first standalone then as adaptive bitrate. The standalone worked fine, so I wanted to try adaptive bitrate. It seems to have worked late in the wee hours of the morning last night, so I then decided to update the server (windows updates), and after that there's been no live streaming at all, nothing in the control panel, no errors, not even logs are updating etc.

Prior to it going wrong, or could have been after, not sure because it was 0300 at the time and eyes were real heavy, I checked the logs and was getting the "timecode out of order" errors, you know what I just looked at logs again and even from when I started the transcode on the 9th of this month, its been throwing those errors, hmmmm. gues thats another thread....

With nothing working I had to get something going as I am streaming live in the mornings, so had to revert back to FMS.

Since there's no "movement" since I updated windows, should I either restore back or reinstall wowza? I need to get this fixed, seems I have more IOS users than RTSP lol

Thanks,

Gerry

Gerry,

It's hard to tell what happened from your description. If you are in a position to start over with a fresh install, that might be a good place to start.

Richard

Richard,

yeah sorry guess I had too much to say and it all came out in different angles lol....

Lets try again.... I used to use FMS4 all the time and it worked great, but couldnt get it to work with IOS, of which 4.5 did have it but costs were out of reach, which is one of the reasons I am here now. After running a few tests with the trial I was satisfied and shelved it till I actually needed it, which was last week. I initially, made a live test on the 7th, installing all the examples; live, dvr, vod, etc and figured out from the guides how to stream, I WAS overjoyed! lol

So after reading up on the Transcode add on I also wanted that to work, and though that it did at first. But I was most interested on getting IOS going, so concentrated on that, and after a few tests found which setting was correct, or so I thought. More reading and thought I might have to use a smil file for multi bitrate, so I tried that but didnt work, at the encoder I had it set, but once I started the live stream at the encoder, the server stream output was blank, with the notice of "sorry not able to connect to network..." so I then re-read the guides and saw that with transcode I can set up adaptive multi bit rate, so read the guide and set it all up, made some tests and it seems to have worked. I checked it on an iPhone 3gs, and an iPod 4. So I left it alone and went about restarting the server, which was telling me to do since it had windows updates. After it rebooted I went back in anbd ran another test and saw that the black screen with "sorr not able to connect to network..." was up and the encoder was fine sending the stream.

So I went back to the server checked the settings, restarted WMS and same thing, couldnt figure out what was causing the issue. I then checked the log files and saw that I was getting these errors:

LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/_definst_/myStream_360p]: Timecode out of order [video]: 11943813700000:11943818370000

so checked the forums and found someone having same issues and was suggested to add a couple lines of code to the livestreampacketizer properties to see if it can find out the cause, I did what it said but couldnt come up with any written logs pertaining to that, so I kept going back and forth restarting WMS and the encoder, checking settings and finally gave up. I woke up three hours later and checked again but no luck and had to shutdown WMS and start up FMS4 to stream.

After my event finished and went back and started WMS and edited the html file with the embed and turned everything on and wahla, it was working!

It seems to be working fine now but still getting timecode warnings, I tested with iPad, iPhone 3gs and iPod 4, and all worked fine, here's the latest warnings:

WARN server comment 2013-03-14 21:28:14 - - - - - 1843.566 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/_definst_/myStream_576p]: Timecode out of order [video]: 12184961330000:12184970350000
    WARN server comment 2013-03-14 21:28:14 - - - - - 1843.565 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/_definst_/myStream_240p]: Timecode out of order [video]: 12184961330000:12184970350000
    WARN server comment 2013-03-14 21:28:14 - - - - - 1843.568 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketizerSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/_definst_/myStream_720p]: Timecode out of order [video]: 12184961330000:12184970350000

and my last few lines from command line:

INFO cupertino connect 1214347954 -
    INFO stream create myStream_all -
    INFO stream stop myStream -
    INFO stream destroy myStream -
    INFO session disconnect 1964328251 -
    INFO stream destroy myStream_all -
    INFO cupertino disconnect 1214347954
    INFO cupertino connect 96999889 -
    INFO stream create myStream -
    INFO cupertino connect 36828831 -
    INFO stream play myStream -
    INFO cupertino disconnect 96999889 -
    INFO stream stop myStream -
    INFO cupertino disconnect 36828831 -
    INFO cupertino connect 36828831 -
    INFO stream play myStream -

I hope this isnt too much info again lol, just would like to know why I get the Timecode out of order, and how to correct.

Thanks,

Gerry

Gerry,

Timecode out of order is a problem with the encoder, or possibly packet loss in the network. What encoder are you using?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Gerry,

Timecode out of order is a problem with the encoder, or possibly packet loss in the network. What encoder are you using?

Richard
    yeah I kinda figured it out after more reading lol, I am using FMLE 3.2, thats the only one I have been using. I did though find out that it was also due to not using the correct player. I was just using the Strobe media player, then I read some more and found out to use the media player configurator OSMF and playback with that in adaptive bitrate, so once I did that I didnt get anymore timecode errors. Still learning... I opted out for now to use myStream_all, until I get better speed, I'm stuck at 2mb up and for me to use adaptive bit rate in high quality I need more than that. So for now its a straight shot. I am also using the stream_all for IOS and since I started the adaptive bitrate for that I havent had a complaint, so staying put with that.

for now looking into the nDVR but got lost in the config, so put that aside, then just going for the VOD instead. Also want to hit up security, so checking in to that also. After tomorrow will have a week to play around, then in a month will be doing live streams for straight 30 days, so might switch to monthly around the 1st of the month, happy with this WME!

thanks

Gerry

Gerry,

Sounds great. Thanks for the update. Let us know if you have more questions

Richard