Thread: Newbie Question How do you get a quality stream

Default Newbie Question How do you get a quality stream

Hey Guys,

I did try to look around to see if I could find some information on this but I am a little to new at this so be kind and possibly point me in the right direction.
    I am at at a early stage developing a broadcast application using flash player. My problem is that it is very low quality i know i am on a local testing server but still i dont have any more then one connection and have 16 gig ram so i can only assume that that is not the problem. In the different streams I am unsure what to do with that nor the point of having so many streams when i connect to the stream using _720p hear audio only.
    All I want to know is how do squeeze quality in this thing.

Thanks

Hi
    Quality of a stream will come from the encoder or source if the stream is "live" and depend on the bitrate it is encoded at, how many fps, keyframe intervals etc.. only will you not see a good quality when viewing a good quality stream is if you don't have the bandwidth to receive all the data coming though.

For video on demand this is similar in the fact that it will be based on how the video was encoded and if it is a high quality file.
    Again if you don't have the bandwidth to receive all the data coming though the user experience will suffer.

16 Gigs of RAM is enough, what CPU is in the machine running Wowza?

Jason

I am running an i7 2.7 sandy bridge it's blazing fast to be honest so...
    I know linux does better but seems like it's gotta be something else.
    How do you force bit rate?
    Are there uri patterns that define the actual stream bit rate?
    I receive a stream that must be something 320 x 240 +|- almost thumbnail really. So it's not to to par.
    I must be doing something wrong not sure what.

Jason Thanks for your help

Well I managed to find my way through my problem I set up the bit rate in the transrate.xml and for my dev only enabled the high bandwidth. Made sure the publish size was concurrent with the transrate.xml enabled bit rate stream as well as my viewing stream connection and added plenty of buffer time it is a bit choppy when there is movement but I guess once on the server this should resolve itself.

Ahhhh my finger can again caress the keys on my keyboard. witch bring me to my next question is it better to use messaging through wowza or another messaging application not sure if wowza supports messaging or that flash player support messaging with a consumer producer architecture... When reading the user guide got the impression it was doable,
    when looked at the flash api at a glance it seemed like only the publisher could publish a message through the stream;

Thanks