Thread: Wowza Storage Backend

Default Wowza Storage Backend

Hi all,

I have a simple question about Wowza's backend.
    I currently using Wowza to serve HLS (+ AES) streams from a MP4 file. I want to use a HTTP Backend as content storage. I known there is no way to do it in wowza at the moment.
    What is the best way to do it ? (I can't have my content on the same server. I don't want to use NFS and MediaCache doesn't fit to my needs.)
    Idealy, i want to configure 2 HTTP backend for redundancy. Can i intend to write a module to do that ? In fact to avoid latency with large file, this module should be a kind of "streaming" module from the http backend. Also, i need to have my "keydir" pointing on this Http backend.

Am i the one who need this feature ?

I'm open to any idea to realize this job

Thanks !

Take a look at the HTTP Origin configuration, as a starting place

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....caching-origin

A CDN can provide a caching infrastructure on their side, which is what I think you are describing. You have to develop that part.

Richard

Hello Richard,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a CDN available for caching all my chunks and my Wowza is in Origin mode and provide HLS content.

In fact i want to :

Storage HTTP Server <---------- Wowza Origin <--------- CDN Caching <------- End User.

It could be fine if Wowza can get MP4 and Keys content (to serve HLS-AES chunks) from a Storage HTTP Server as describe above.