Wowza Community

Push Publish add on edgecast

Hello,

Edgecast just implemented FMS in their platform.

We are trying to push a stream from wowza to their live HLS application.

As I understand we will need to push the stream using the push publish add-on.

I can not get this to work, I have followed every single document and searched the entire forum.

We have one application called live.

This application receives UDP streams from our multicast network, using .stream files.

an example below (stream20.stream), it contains one line:

udp://234.5.5.20:10000

We start the stream using the stream manager.

in PushPublishMap.txt we have:

stream20.stream={profile:“rtmp”, host:“fso.ams.6D40.edgecastcdn.net”, application:“xxxxx(Account number here)”, streamName:“stream20.stream?xxxliveAuthenticationKeyxxx”, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000, debugLog:true, debugPackets:true}

is the stream name correct? should it be like that?

as you can see … the debugLog is set to true … i do not get any output when running in console mode.

the only output after starting the stream is:

ModulePushPublish.onAppStart[live/definst]: Wowza Push Publishing AddOn 3.5 build4012

INFO server comment - ModulePushPublish.loadProFile: loaded file (/usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/PushPublishProfiles.xml):

INFO server comment - ModulePushPublish.loadMapFile: loaded config file (/usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/live/PushPublishMap.txt): app: definst

INFO server comment - ModulePushPublish.loadMapFile: added stream (stream20.stream): app: definst

INFO server comment - ModulePushPublish.loadMapFile: loaded config file (/usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/conf/live/PushPublishMap.txt): app: definst

INFO application app-start definst live/definst

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Your help is appreciated.

EDIT1: P.S I have tried using:

stream20={profile:“rtmp”, host:“fso.ams.6D40.edgecastcdn.net”, application:“xxxxx(Account number here)”, streamName:“stream20?xxxliveAuthenticationKeyxxx”, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000, debugLog:true, debugPackets:true}

and

stream20.stream={profile:“rtmp”, host:“fso.ams.6D40.edgecastcdn.net”, application:“xxxxx(Account number here)”, streamName:“stream20?xxxliveAuthenticationKeyxxx”, originalTimecodeThreshold:0x100000, debugLog:true, debugPackets:true}

With no success … same output

As i spent 3 days working on this and many coffee cups. I think I will post the solution to the problem myself so others can save time.

I managed to solve the problem!

there seems to be something causing the pushing add on to function correctly. what I did is I started with a fresh Application.xml downloaded from one of the tutorials for MPEG-TS sources.

Then I added the Name alias and Pushing add-ons and enabled them both.

in the name alias add-on i created an entry so i dont have to use my .stream file.

the stream was now called stream20 only (without the .stream).

I did have to add both the instance and event name to the URL in the stream name section (PushPublishMap).

And now it seems to be pushing correctly!

Thanks for the update, glad you got it figured out.

Richard

Sassy,

In the aliasmap.stream.txt I have configure my stream to look like this Camera=rtmp://wowza:1935/live/Camera

You don’t need StreamNameAlias for this, and the aliasmap.stream.txt file would not be the place to put an RTMP url. That is for MediaCaster streams like rtsp urls or IP cameras or udp urls to mpeg-ts encoder.

Just use the simple stream name (“Camera”) you enter in the encoder.

Richard

As i spent 3 days working on this and many coffee cups. I think I will post the solution to the problem myself so others can save time.

I managed to solve the problem!

there seems to be something causing the pushing add on to function correctly. what I did is I started with a fresh Application.xml downloaded from one of the tutorials for MPEG-TS sources.

Then I added the Name alias and Pushing add-ons and enabled them both.

in the name alias add-on i created an entry so i dont have to use my .stream file.

the stream was now called stream20 only (without the .stream).

I did have to add both the instance and event name to the URL in the stream name section (PushPublishMap).

And now it seems to be pushing correctly!

Hi,

First thanks for the port.

I also spending on this like 5 days without any luck.

I called edgecast and also to wowza to get some support - but still no success.

I guess I will need to find an answer by myself.

I will try to explain my problem here:

I have machine Camera which is using adobe media stream to stream video in RTMP to my wowza server.

If I check my flash player via the Wowza server - say : rtmp://wowza:1935/live/ and stream name Camera I can get my stream.

Now I have install the push and alias add-ons and also follow this guide https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-publish-and-play-a-live-stream-mpeg-ts-based-encoder#streamFiles to make sure my stream will be a MPEG-TS based.

In the aliasmap.stream.txt I have configure my stream to look like this Camera=rtmp://wowza:1935/live/Camera

In the PushPublishMap.txt I have configure the following:

Camera={profile:“rtmp”, host:“fms.XXX.edgecastcdn.net”, application:XXX, streamName:“Camera?XXXXXXXXX”, originalTime

codeThreshold:0x100000}

The host is the one I took from my.edgecast.com under the flash menu where I see the URL orgin name

I also have register under the FMS Customer Origin name my Wowza server (which doing the push - but I’m not sure I’m right here)

In the Edge CNAME I have configure cdn.domain.com to point to the fms.XXX.edgecastcdn.net

What am I missing?

I’m not sure I got right the “I did have to add both the instance and event name to the URL in the stream name section (PushPublishMap).”

Can u please please provide more info here.

I so lost and my customer allready want to kill me

Thanks in adv

Sassy