Wowza Community

Transcode DVB-S Subtitle from multicast

Best regards.

Is it possible to transcode video from multicast with subtitles. Attempting to get DVB-S subtitles in video obtained from transcoding multicast (MuMuDVB). On the VLC player when I watch multicast choice headings. When video processing with Wowza transcoding not get subtitles.

If anyone can help, I thank him.

(Use google translator)

You can re-stream from a multicast source following this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-publish-and-play-a-live-stream-mpeg-ts-based-encoder

If the stream contains CEA-608/CEA-708 closed caption data, Wowza does not support converting from that format at present. It does support converting to CEA-608/CEA-708 for HLS stream.

Richard

It is a possible future feature, but I have no time frame. I don’t think there is ongoing work on it, but I will forward your comment so your interest is noted.

Richard

Hi,

There’s no news on this. I will be sure to pass along your interest in this to our product managers.

Daren

Did you manage to get DVB subtitles to wowza by any chance mojbuk?

Best Regards

You can re-stream from a multicast source following this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-publish-and-play-a-live-stream-mpeg-ts-based-encoder

If the stream contains CEA-608/CEA-708 closed caption data, Wowza does not support converting from that format at present. It does support converting to CEA-608/CEA-708 for HLS stream.

Richard

Thank you. Sorry but I have not fully understood what was going on. Would you be able to give more infromation. Please find the image with information about source the codec.

Did you manage to get DVB subtitles to wowza by any chance mojbuk?

Best Regards

I’m still not able to display live video with captions DVBS multicast sources. Is there any progress in Wowza Media Server on this issue?

It is a possible future feature, but I have no time frame. I don’t think there is ongoing work on it, but I will forward your comment so your interest is noted.

Richard

Any news regarding this feature?

Thanks

any news regarding this ?? time has passed, and it is very important that wowza encode or transfer DVB subtitles