Wowza Community

Live mp4 recording via flash as3

Does any body know how I can record a mp4 file instead of a flv file via Wowza? I trying to record the MP4 file via the WebcamRecording example the shipped with wowza.

Currently i’m working with Wowza version 3.5.2. Is there something I must install to get it working?

Or must I alter some configuration file? Or must I alter the code? And if so what must I do?

What I have done is: var movieName:String = “MP4:webcamrecorded”;

When I hit the record button. The webcamrecorded.mp4 file is created but wowza is not writing anything to this file.

Can anybody provide me with a solid example how I can accomplish recording an mp4 file via wowza with as3?

Thanks

DJ

I has using the wrong flash player version. I was using 9.

No I switched to flash player 10. Wowza is writing to the file but it’s a very small mp4 file which can’t be played back.

I have also try to play the video with VLC player. VLC can’t play the recorded mp4 as wel.

A) Is it possible to record an MP4 correctly with flash player 10 and wowza? And play it stream it back via wowza and flash player 10?

B) What must I do to record a correct mp4 file?

thanks

DJ

No, you need Flash 11.2+ which supports h.264 video and Speex audio. That can be recorded to an .mp4 container by adding the “mp4:” prefix to the stream name. There is h.264/Speex version here:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-convert-flash-player-11-output-from-h-264-speex-audio-to-h-264-aac-audio-using-wowza-transcoder

Richard

thank you Richard.