Thread: New server

Default New server

I am putting up an extra server and followed the following:
    Installed Java, Installed Wowza, copied conf / application files from working config on other server

Initially I get the error RTMPT server not found www.XXX:80, I had actually specified I wanted to pull from port 1935 using rtmp, not rtmpt so the error was kinda odd. I eventually modified the VHost.xml to include port 80 which allowed me to stream using this (but only after opening port 80):
    	<object id="player" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" name="player" width="720" height="430">
    				<param name="movie" value="/jw/player.swf" />
    				<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />

<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />
    				<param name="flashvars" value='streamer=rtmp://cal.xxx.com:1935/Chad&file=/320/xxx.mp4&provider=rtmp&bufferLength=10' />
    				<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="player2" name="player2" src="/jw/player.swf" width="720" height="430" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="streamer=rtmp://cal.xxx.com:1935/Chad&file=/320/xxx.mp4&provider=rtmp&bufferLength=10" /></embed>
    				</object>
    		</object>
    It isn't such a big deal on this server since it is only for media streaming, but I used to be able to run apache on port 80, wowza on 443 / 1935 without any issues, what is up with the rollover to RTMPT?

Hi
    You should really create applications again from scratch in this kind of situation but admittedly that is odd.
    What version of Wowza are you running on the new server and what version is running on the old server that you copied the /conf and /applications directories from?

Jason

The new one has the latest 3.5.2 and the old one has 3.1.2. I am putting up another server in London later today I can try recreating the applications folders.

Hi
    I asked a few questions regarding this error you're getting and we came to the conclusion that you may have have port 1935 blocked by a firewall and Wowza is rolling over to port 80 to compensate.
    The error will come for the last attempt made by Wowza and so Wowza will try RTMP over port 1935 as you requested, then try RTMP over port 80 if that fails it will then try RTMPT over port 80 and throw the error.

How did you get on creating the applications from scratch?

Jason

Thank you, the file copy is still under way so I haven't taken anything live yet, the good news is if it takes this long to copy, then the connection to the area is poor which means hopefully putting a local server may broaden our appeal

So as usual, it was my mistake. I had forgotten to open up port 443 in the VHost.xml file and while I had thought the playlist was asking for it on 1935 it was actually on 443. Once I opened up 443 it worked but I also added port 80 just in case in the future someone needed it

I did recreate the conf and application files from scratch, I figure it was time to start fresh.

Hi
    So it's all working fine now, that's great.
    Thanks for the update.

Jason