Thread: Implement RTP AVPF extension as a plugin

Default Implement RTP AVPF extension as a plugin

Hi Guys,

I am looking a way to write a feedback system from Wowza to report RTP packet losses and decoder key frame indication. I knew RTCP RR reports could help but I need something more often with low overhead. Basically I want to implement RTP AVPF extension on RTCP channel. Will this be possible with Wowza server side API to implement something like this or any other suggestions ?

I am in desperate need to solve this problem.

Thanks In Advance,

You can log RTP packet loss by adding Property blocks to the Application.xml
    Here's the guide,

Is this what you're looking for?

Hi Jason,

Not really, as I mentioned in my post the normal RTPC feedback has minimum 5 seconds Interval and it just tells number of lost packets but not further details like key frames lost (RFC 4585 do that). It wont really helps with the repair of the stream real time from the encoder end based on the receiver feedback.

Currently we are doing live stream using UDP and when there are packet losses, the output getting garbage for 1 to 2 seconds and we don't want that.

I want to check whether Wowza has a RFC 4585 (AVPF) support or if I can write it myself as a plugin so that I will get more immediate feedback messages to the sender and thus allows for short-term adaptation and efficient feedback-based repair mechanisms to be implemented, while maintaining the bandwidth constraints for RTCP.

If both options are not available then I am lost