Thread: Streaming to multiple devices with Adaptive Bitrates for a beginner

Default Streaming to multiple devices with Adaptive Bitrates for a beginner

Hello,

I am trying to set up a temporary amateur tv show that will stream to the web. I currently have an instance of wowza setup using EC2 that I am using in conjunction with FMLE. So far I have been able to stream to the free version of fwplayer with this setup without problems on my macbook computer in my tests.

I want to allow streaming to iOS devices and possibly with adaptive bitrates too, but I am at a complete loss.

For example I read "How to use LongTail JW Player with adaptive bitrate streaming from Wowza Media Server" but the first instructions ask to "Add this HTTPProvider to /conf/VHost.xml /HostPort /Port "1935" This already feels a bit beyond my head and I have no idea how to implement the instructions asked, let alone getting the above to work with iOS too.

Can anyone offer any help, instructions or guidance on how I can setup an instance of wowza on EC2 with the ability to stream to the free version of JWPlayer so it will work on both mac and windows computers as well as portable systems such as iOS and Android.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Sean,

Welcome. You just have to start with one thing at a time and get it working: Crawl, walk, run. Follow the guides carefully, don't skim or improvise and test a lot, and don't try to put several things together at once, just do one thing at a time and prove it is working. If you want help you can post in the Find a Consultant Forum, or write to support@wowza.com and ask for the list of independent consultants

Richard