Thread: Server side help re Cupertino streaming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Server side help re Cupertino streaming

I need a way to override on the server to override the names of (mp4) and m3u8 files for Cupertino streaming,
    So if I have on html client a call like this:
    <video controls src=""></video>
    I need a feature that would allow me tu return from the server a stream different than sample.mp4, instead to return a stream that would play sample1.mp4 for example.

I tried to access the URL of the IMediaStream on OnStreamCreate but it's not accessible.I also tried httpStreamerSession.setURI etc but it doesn't work. Also IMediaStream.setName() doesn't have any effect. Please can you suggest how to do it? Thanks

For RTMP and HLS client, you should use the StreamNameAlias addon or the API

(If you were just serving RTMP clients you could override play.)

Richard thanks for your quick answer. I managed to run it through implementing the IMediaStreamNameAliasProvider2 as suggested, and initially looked OK however on the client side it doesn't play the strem (Cupertino, not RTMP). It creates the stream, the log stops here:
    INFO server comment - onHTTPSessionCreate: sample_base.mp4
    INFO server comment - onHTTPCupertinoStreamingSessionCreate:sample_base.mp4
    INFO server comment - MediaReaderH264Cupertino.indexFile[vod/_definst_/sample_base.mp4][mp4a.40.2]: AAC Audio info: {MediaCodecInfoAudio: codec:AAC, channels:2, frequency:44100, samplesPerFrame:1024, objectType:LC}
    INFO server comment - MediaReaderH264Cupertino.indexFile[vod/_definst_/sample_base.mp4][avc1.66.30]: H.264 Video info: {MediaCodecInfoVideo: codec:H264, profile:Baseline, level:3.0, frameSize:616x346, displaySize:615x346, frameRate:29.000000}

So it seems to find the mp4, but why the browser when I click on Play doesn't play the stream? Thanks.

Are you trying to play in desktop browser? That only works on Safari on Mac OSX. Otherwise, you need iOS device, or VLC, or other device that supports HLS (cupertino).

The audio and video codecs are about ideal. avc1.66.30 = h.264 Baseline 3

Oh, sorry- I'm stupid. I was trying to play in Safari for Windows as I didn't have the IPhone on hand. As soon as I tried on IPhone it worked! Thank you Richard!

One more question: is the IMediaStreamNameAliasProvider2 supposed to work also on smil files (HLS streaming). I tried to return resolvePlayAlias to a diferent smil file but it doesn't work. It resolves down to an mp4 switch from the smil file (so it opens and parses the new smil file) but it doesn't play it...