Thread: Per-stream routing on edge

Default Per-stream routing on edge

Please, ask me about setting origin per stream using imediastreamnamealiasprovider, or using any different way.

You can use .stream files. Each can contain a rtmp url to any origin server. You can also use the StreamNameAlias Addon or Alias API. Note that you cannot use alias names with .stream extension when using the Alias Addon or API, because you can alias an alias.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    You can use .stream files. Each can contain a rtmp url to any origin server. You can also use the StreamNameAlias Addon or Alias API. Note that you cannot use alias names with .stream extension when using the Alias Addon or API, because you can alias an alias.

Richard
    I try to use resolveStreamAlias(IApplicationInstance appInstance, String name, IMediaCaster mediaCaster) - this method calls for rtmp connections, caused by wowza repeaters sub-system. And when i return from this method, for example, "rtmp://myserver1:1935/app/stream", i see successful attempt to oped DVR storage on origin-size, player shown "play button", but when wowza uses originurl for chunk transfer. So, i cant set origin per streamon dvr side