Thread: Shoutcast Aplication.xml Request

Default Shoutcast Aplication.xml Request

Good Day

I was looking round forum a shoutcast application.xml to use like an application template.

I have been using default "live" Application.xml to "relay-shoutcast". Im looking for a shoutcast application.xml which only could be used by a specific shoutcast url; like http://iport.

Regards

Ed

Hi
    You can set the Application.xml/streamType to "shoutcast" but without a custom module you can't block any others being published.

Jason

Thanks JasonH for your reply

So, which is difference between set a "live" appllication vs "shoutcast" application.

If I go for "live" application and use alias.stream ( mediacaster ); That wont prevent that if somebody knows RTMP path, could use it, right?

Im looking the way that only and just my allowed "shoutcast" ( iport) use wowza application.

Thanks in advance for all your advices.

Ed

Hi
    For the difference between live and shoutcast please see here,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....UTcast-Icecast

The link states:

(Optional): If your application will only stream to Flash RTMP clients, in [install-dir]/conf/live/Application.xml, you can set the Streams/StreamType property to:
    <StreamType>shoutcast</StreamType>
    If you do this, then you won't need to use StreamManager (see Publishing the stream). The first Flash client that plays the stream will trigger Wowza Media Server to start re-streaming.

Also, in [install-dir]/conf/live/Application.xml, make sure that the Streams/LiveStreamPacketizers property is empty:
    <LiveStreamPacketizers></LiveStreamPacketizers>
    If I go for "live" application and use alias.stream ( mediacaster ); That wont prevent that if somebody knows RTMP path, could use it, right?
    You're correct, if they find out the RTMP path they could use it. Without a custom module you can't block any other shoutcast streams being published through your application.

Jason

Thanks JasonH for despite my doubts

Ed