Thread: Cisco Content Server

Default Cisco Content Server

Hi,

Hoping you can help.

I am very new to Wowza and I was wondering if I explained what we require if it is possible using Wowza.

We will shortly be rolling out company wide a client that enables, Video, IM, Presence etc and we will be allowing users to record their point-to-point conversation if need be. The users will be using a Cisco Content Server to record video calls.

The way the users would play these back when needed would be to web browse onto the content Server however if this kicks off and becomes very popular company wide then the content server would not be able to handle this.

Can wowza help any in this situation?

I guess you are refering to Cisco TCS.

For simplest solution, you can mount a CIFS filesystem for TCS, so material will be recorded directly to your storage. The recorded MP4-s should be locally accessible to Wowza, so it can provision these files in an on demand manner. Use this Cisco document to integrate Wowza with the content server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/tele.../wowza.fm.html

The integration should be done for live and on demand. When you have a live recording, TCS will send an RTSP announce/publish to Wowza, then the stream will be available through the streaming server. On demand recs will be alsw played through the WMS. Hope it helps.

For full integration, you can consider TCS SOAP API, so you can build your own applications on it.

Quote Originally Posted by brunyalo View Post
    I guess you are refering to Cisco TCS.

For simplest solution, you can mount a CIFS filesystem for TCS, so material will be recorded directly to your storage. The recorded MP4-s should be locally accessible to Wowza, so it can provision these files in an on demand manner. Use this Cisco document to integrate Wowza with the content server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/tele.../wowza.fm.html

The integration should be done for live and on demand. When you have a live recording, TCS will send an RTSP announce/publish to Wowza, then the stream will be available through the streaming server. On demand recs will be alsw played through the WMS. Hope it helps.

For full integration, you can consider TCS SOAP API, so you can build your own applications on it.
    Thank you very much for sending that, I will take a look at this and have a go at configuring it.