Thread: Load testing tool seems not work properly

Default Load testing tool seems not work properly

Hi Guys,

I've installed load testing tool on both client and server correctly I believe. When I start up the testing tool via comment "./performance.sh vod", i see
    INFO server comment - StreamOnStatus [0]: NetStream.Play.Reset
    INFO server comment - StreamOnStatus [0]: NetStream.Play.Start
    from terminal, and i see expected testing result, like
    INFO server comment - Status running:10 currBehind:0
    but when i disconnect my WIFI, the terminal still keeps giving the same info as above. I am confused. Can anyone point me what am i doing wrong here?

The info on the client side of the Load Test tool has little relevance. It could indicate when you are over-using the connection between client and test server, the currBehind number, but it is normal for it to be 1 or 2.

What you are most interested in is how the test server and its network are handling the load. You can use JConsole to look at Wowza and Performance Monitor, for example, to look at network capacity.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    The info on the client side of the Load Test tool has little relevance. It could indicate when you are over-using the connection between client and test server, the currBehind number, but it is normal for it to be 1 or 2.

What you are most interested in is how the test server and its network are handling the load. You can use JConsole to look at Wowza and Performance Monitor, for example, to look at network capacity.

Richard
    Thank you Richard,
    I try to explain what i am doing, at the very first beginning, I just only want to test how many concurrent connection our Wowza media service can handle simultaneously, then I install load test tool, but to my curiosity no matter how I set the workerCount parameter i always get currBehind 0, so I start to doubt the load test tool and disconnect my internet to see if currBehind changes .

On the other hand, I can see the current number of connection via JConsole is correct when I start load test client. It shows the same number as what I set for workerCount of Tests.xml. but STILL I can't see network capacity increases from Performance Monitor.

So I deduce that the load test tool isn't really download any data from Wowza media server during testing. Am I right ?

Hi
    Can you confirm that the Wowza logs show that the client is playing the content?
    The load test tool isn't designed to report network outages or even respond to them.

How much bandwidth are you trying to use and how much is actually available?
    Also what's the bitrate of the file that you're requesting and how many connections are you setting the workerCount to?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Hi
    Can you confirm that the Wowza logs show that the client is playing the content?
    The load test tool isn't designed to report network outages or even respond to them.

How much bandwidth are you trying to use and how much is actually available?
    Also what's the bitrate of the file that you're requesting and how many connections are you setting the workerCount to?

Jason

My Server's bandwidth is 100MB/ps both for in and out, and a regular bitrate of a mp4 video file is 70KByte/s, and i set workerCount=400 for each of 2 different machines.
    That gives me 800 connections to Wowza.