Thread: Wowza - Examples

Default Wowza - Examples

Hi,

Can anyone supply me with examples on when / what Wowza would be used for? It would appear it is a streaming server but I am not quite getting it.

I am assuming you download the product, add your videos to the content folder then give users links etc to the source? I hear about users having three or 4 Wowza servers?

I see Camara streaming available through Wowza, why would I want to put it through Wowza and not give the user the actual URL of the stream? Seems like I am adding an additional "layer" that isn't needed.

Can someone please explain some examples where Wowza would be useful?

thanks.
    Last edited by deanomeara; 04-11-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Yes, it is a streaming server, for live and video on demand streaming to desktop players and mobile devices.

Richard

Typically an IP camera will allow 2 or 3 direct connections, very few in any case. Wowza re-streams that to many clients. A webcam cannot be played directly like a IP camera.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Typically an IP camera will allow 2 or 3 direct connections, very few in any case. Wowza re-streams that to many clients. A webcam cannot be played directly like a IP camera.

Richard
    Got ya! As I am reading more and seeing more of Wowza it is becoming more apparent.

Regards.