Thread: Video Pixelazition

Default Video Pixelazition

Dear Team,

I have purchase 2 perpetual server license to stream live stream over RTSP from Mpeg4 Encoders with 1.2 MB bit rate for each channel. Total channels that currently active is 20 Channels.

My Wowza server has 2 network interface eth0 and eth1. i have set it to stream RTSP via eth0 and Eth1 to get the multicast stream from the encoder. Since i have 20 UDP Multicast streams packet constantly running on eth1 causing a pixels breaks when we stream using the VLC Player.

There is no issue with the play back if i set only start 1 to 3 streams in StartupStreams.xml .

Please advice is there anything that can make it perfect by adding any extra parameter in Application.xml

Thanks
    Shankar Ram

Hi,
    Have you checked the CPU usage of the server while trying to stream?

Are you saying that streaming anymore then 3 streams at one time creates a Pixel distortion issue
    Do you have 20 inbound streams permanently throughout all your testing?
    Example:

Encoders (20x) 1.2 Mbps ---> Wowza --- (3x) 1.2 Mbps ---> VLC Player

If you have more than (3x) streams between Wowza and VLC the issue starts?

Jason

Dear Jason,

Total CPU usage is just 24.8 % im running Quad Core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz with 4GB Ram.

I'm facing the Pixel distortion issue when i played single stream while i have constantly have 20 inbound stream running in eth1.

If i reduce total inbound stream 1 to 3 streams there is no any pixel distortion been detected when I'm streaming the channel.

so my suspect is is there any other settings to be configure in any of the XML files for inbound streams.

Thanks
    Shankar Ram

Hi,
    There is no hard limit for streams inbound or outbound and thus no configuration changes need to be made to any .xml for the server to receive more.
    I the Wowza server tuned?

If you need the tuning guide it can be found here,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ormance-tuning

Jason

Dear Jason,

I have follow guide and done the tuning. now the pixel issue is solve but there is a jerks while the video is playing. Please click link below for more details.

http://youtu.be/GkfpfVxcUC4

Hi,
    Yes I can see that the stream on the TV is clearly not a smooth playback.
    Is this also limited to when you have more than 3 inbound streams or is this playback issue happening regardless of inbound streams?

Jason

Dear Jason,

total inbound still the same 20 streams. it's looks like when there is a more than one outbound stream running same channel have jerks issue.

When more user stream same channel have jerks issue.

Hi,
    It sounds like a bandwidth issue from the server side, between the server and client.
    If you lower the bitrate of the stream can you get more streams playing before it jerks?

Jason

Dear Jason,

my current bitrate per channel is 1.2 mb the lowest I can set into encoder is 1mb.

My server is running on 1gb ethernet card.

Is it possible to use wowza to reduce the bitrate.

Hi,
    Yes you can use the Wowza Transcoder AddOn which can publish the stream in multiple bitrates but is a paid for AddOn of which prices can be found here,
    http://www.wowza.com/pricing

Follow the link "AddOn Pricing" for the appropriate Wowza license type.

You could do a speed test which should give you a rough gauge on what bandwidth you have available.
    Even if you have a Gigbit Ethernet connection you may have a bottleneck somewhere in your network.
    http://www.speedtest.net/

Jason