Wowza Community

per stream enabling of LiveStreamPacketizers, HTTPStreamers

Hi,

I’m trying to connect a lot of rtsp streams, from ip cameras on one server.

There was a notable increase in cpu usage when enabling “dvrstreamingpacketizer, cupertinostreamingpacketizer, sanjosestreamingpacketizer”.

With only 10 incoming streams.

My intention is to offer a flash client to all users, and a cupertino stream to a select few (iOS) users.

When a user is not watching the http stream, I would like to be able to stop the unnecessary “packetizing” of the stream.

So my question is: is it possible to enable or disable (via an api call) certain Packetizers for certain streams?

The same question for “HTTPStreamers”, although I don’t know if they consume resources, when no clients are connected.

Kind regards, Jim

i guess this is not possible?

There is IMediaStream.setLiveStreamPacketizer() or IMediaStream.setLiveStreamPacketizerList() but I think these would have to be used per incoming live stream, and you would have to do it in an override of the publish command.

I think setting IMediaStream.setLiveStreamPacketizer("") to empty string should turn off live stream packetizers,

Richard

Hi,

It is not possible to turn it on/off once the stream has started. You can do it at the point of starting a stream, but after that point it can not be selectively done.

Andrew.

ok, but how do i turn them on/off per stream then?