Wowza Community

Live Webcam feed to WOWZA Server over RTMP with H264 encoding

Hi,

I am trying out WOWZA server and it is working great for all general purposes. I am able to play my VOD files (H264 and AAC encoded on FLV or MP4 containers) across all players.

I am however facing a major issue with live streaming. I am capturing the video from my laptops webcam and sending the same to the WOWZA server via RTMP. The container format is flv. Here is what I tried.

Using ffmpeg to capture webcam input and stream the same. Command given below

ffmpeg -f dshow -i video=“HP HD Webcam [Fixed]”:audio=“Microphone (IDT High Definition” -f flv rtmp://[server]/live-webcam/myStream

When I encode video using FLV1 (Sorenson), I am able to view the live video using Flash Players (HTTP and RTMP) but am not able to view it using Apple, Silverlight or RTSP protocol. This seems in line with WOWZA documentation as all other protocols support only H264 video encoding for streaming.

According to documentation all players support H264 and AAC. So here is my second command which I assumed with work with everything

Using ffmpeg to capture webcam input and stream the same. Command given below

./ffmpeg -f dshow -i video=“HP HD Webcam [Fixed]”:audio=“Microphone (IDT High Definition” -f flv -vcodec libx264 -acodec aac -strict -2 rtmp://server/live-webcam/webcammadhu

This now works on Apple Devices (HLS) and RTSP (I amusing VLC). Surprisingly the Flash HTTP and RTMP Players dont playback the video. I am able to listen to the audio, but no video.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks