Thread: error to run startup.bat

Default error to run startup.bat

hi
    i install wowza media server but when i run startup.bat as administrator in win8 i recive following error "Error: could not open 'c:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\lib\i386\jvm.cfg "
    java is install in my computer and jvm.cfg is located in the given directory and it has full control permission!
    what should i do now ?

(sorry about my English ,i do my best )

make sure that Windows can find the Java compiler and interpreter:

Select Start -> Computer -> System Properties -> Advanced system settings -> Environment Variables -> System variables -> PATH.

[ In Vista, select Start -> My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables -> System variables -> PATH. ]

[ In Windows XP, Select Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables -> System variables -> PATH. ]

Prepend C:\Program Files\Java\jdk(version number)\bin to the beginning of the PATH variable. you also may need to add (x86) to the path, so it would be c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk(version number)\bin

Click OK three times.

Salvadore
    Last edited by salvadore; 04-30-2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: adjusted the path structure

thanks
    i do that in my computer but it has no result
    now i run wowza media server in windows server 2008 and it's working fine

Hi,
    Did you install Java or Wowza first?
    As Salvadore mentioned you need to find it manually to ensure it's actually there.

If you have a 32 bit version of Java it will be:
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\lib\i386\jvm.cfg

If you have a 64 bit version of Java it will be:
    c:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\lib\i386\jvm.cfg

You can only run a 64 bit version of Java if you have a 64 bit operating system.
    If you need to change where Wowza looks for Java you can do so with the following tutorial.
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?125#windows

Jason