Thread: Unable to run Transcoder addon

Default Unable to run Transcoder addon

I am running the latest build of the Wowza Media server (3.5.2 build3747) under a perpetual license.

The software is installed on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise X64 Edition SP2.

The output of the Java version is java version "1.6.0_38"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_38-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.13-b02, mixed mode)

I have .NET 3.5.1 installed and have followed the Transcoder Tutorial. I cannot play the individual streams such as rtmp://localhost:1935/live/mpeg-ts.stream_160p.

In following the troubleshooting guide I see the following entries in the log:
    comment server INFO 200 - Server License Key: SVRP3-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-Cehcw -
    comment server INFO 200 - Transcoder Streams Available: 6 - - - 2.078
    comment server INFO 200 - TranscoderSessionNative.loadLibrary: Load transcoder list: C:/Program Files (x86)/Wowza Media Systems/Wowza Media Server 3.5.0/lib-native/win64/transcoder.list - - - 6.703
    server INFO 200 - JNI:TranscoderSession.isCUDAAvailable[_defaultVHost_:live/_definst_/mpeg-ts.stream]: NVidia CUDA hardware acceleration is NOT available
    comment server INFO 200 - JNI:TranscoderSession.isQuickSyncAvailable[_defaultVHost_:live/_definst_/mpeg-ts.stream]: Intel Quick Sync hardware acceleration is NOT available

I never see any attempt to load the transrate.xml template file in the log.

Bill Mullen

Hi,

I think you may well be out of luck with this one. Windows 2003 server should work, however it may be the 'Desktop Experience' element which I believe is a default in 2008, 2010, Windows 7,8. As 2003 is somewhat out of date getting it work may be impossible even with all the correct drivers/switches enabled.

I have done some searching Google/Bing and it looks like there are many things which just dont work compared to 2008!

Andrew.

Thanks, I was afraid that was going to be the answer.

Bill

The final answer to this problem is incorrect transcoder Dll's that is corrected in the 3.6.2 build. Transcoder now loads the template file and publishes transcoded streams.

Bill

Hi,
    Thanks for the update.

Jason