Thread: Wowza reads something every 50 minutes

Default Wowza reads something every 50 minutes

Hello!
    We are using Wowza3 to record 20 live streams with wms-plugin-livestreamrecord.jar module.
    All goes good, but every 50 minutes even at night when there is no users online we have peaks of I/O operations on our disk.
    Writing speed is constant all day (~ 64 Mbit/s) and it is normal. But reading peaks grows till 200Mbit/s and have durations ~ 15 minutes. So every 50 minutes it reads volume like 20 Gb. And looks like that it re-reads all that was written for this period.
    What wowza can do in this time?
    How to discard this not rationally disk usage?

What version of Wowza are you using? Do you have a RAID array? A RAID 0 array with several disks is recommended in this case.

Might this be some other process?

Richard

Hello, Richard!
    The wowza have version 3.5.0. The updating may help?
    Our RAID is RAID-1. But actually obviously there is enough speed for writing and for reading data which tranfers to clients. I just want to find why it reads so much data which looks like not using anyhow.
    I very long time have checked our recording module and many and many times checks iotop output to concluse that exactly self wowza do this reading. The reading finishes if Wowza killed.

unDEFER

We discussed this today. There is mostly doubt that Wowza might be involved in the read burst you describe. There is one scenario that might be an exception: if you are using the HTTPLiveStreamRecord addon and are recording segments and appending... but the segments should have different names, now that I think about it, no append would occur. We don't know how Wowza might be involved in this.

Richard