Thread: Need help for newbie with Video-Add-On

Default Need help for newbie with Video-Add-On

I am newbie, trying to survive in work. Im trying to play any kind of video using add on, its just playing one video which is mp4 not any other mp4 with higher bit rate. I need help in getting played many format other than mp4 and also with higher bit rate. If I replace the video on start-up page with other mp4 with higher bitrate it works but not when I have them in my own folder. So can some one help me in this and give clear picture of it. Thank You in advance.

Hi, after you have your application all set up, or if you are using one of the examples, vod for instance, you can change the directory that wowza will draw content from.

to do this open /conf/your_app/Application.xml and in the Streams section look for this:
    <StorageDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content</StorageDir>

and change the file path to your new directory, save the file and restart wowza media server

Salvadore

Thanks a lot, U helped me so much..........but quality seems bit low. Can you help me to overcome with that.

Quote Originally Posted by salvadore View Post
    Hi, after you have your application all set up, or if you are using one of the examples, vod for instance, you can change the directory that wowza will draw content from.

to do this open /conf/your_app/Application.xml and in the Streams section look for this:
    <StorageDir>${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content</StorageDir>

and change the file path to your new directory, save the file and restart wowza media server

Salvadore

Sorry about the low quality question. I figured that out. It was a stupid mistake of mine.

I am glad I could help, feel free to share how you resolved this for anyone who may need this information.

Salvadore