Wowza Community

Setup Wowza Server and combine an audio and video stream for website

I have a client that is a church who wants to stream their Sunday service live from their website. I have installed a GeoVision IP Camera in the sanctuary and configured a Barix IP audio encoder to encode the output from the soundboard. I can successfully open an rtsp stream from the IP camera and an http stream from the audio encoder via VLC. I have not had any luck combining the two streams in VLC and through my research I believe it is possible with Wowza. I have never used Wowza however so I need help accomplishing this task. Here are the two objectives:

1. Help me determine the best platform for my application and help install and optimize the Wowza Media Server.

This will be a very low usage application. I anticipate maybe 10 people trying to access the stream from their website at a time. They have a Windows 7 laptop that is available for use if appropriate. I also thought it might be a better option to install to an Amazon instance since they would then not have to worry with hardware maintenance. Recommendations and pros and cons for either scenario are requested. Which ever platform is decided upon, installation and optimization of the server is requested.

1. Configure the server to combine the two network streams and output a single stream that can be accessed via their website.

The server needs to take the rtsp feed from the IP camera and the http stream from the audio encoder and combine them into one output stream. The two streams need to be synchronized so the audio and video match. The output stream needs to be something that can be embedded into their website and can be viewed by either windows or mac clients.

As for timeframe, I would like to have something in place for testing by Thursday for Friday of this week (5/9/13, 5/10/13) if possible.

There is an approved budget for this project. Please send quotes!

Kyle King

Owner

King Network and Media Services

Hello Kyle,

I’ve set up an Wowza powered solution that assembles a video and an audio source and sends those as a single stream to the end user. I’m also resposible for the operation and maintenance. This specific solution has been successfully used by a number of organizations, amongst which the well known GodTV channel. So I know exactly which challenges you’re facing, and can help you make this work. Let’s get in contact and discuss a satisfying solution!

Kind regards,

Karel Boek

karel.boek@raskenlund.com

Raskenlund

www.raskenlund.com

Hello,

We will be able to help you. If you are interested please contact me via email to continue the discussion: info@fora-soft.com (please include a link to this thread in the body of your message).

Best wishes,

Polina Sapunova

Fora Soft LLC

www.fora-soft.com

Kyle, we are able to help you with all your needs and also give you a tool (GUI) that will make it very easy for your church to stream also. Check out smaclive.com and contact us at support@smaclive.com!

Thanks,

Support at www.smaclive.com

I have a client that is a church who wants to stream their Sunday service live from their website. I have installed a GeoVision IP Camera in the sanctuary and configured a Barix IP audio encoder to encode the output from the soundboard. I can successfully open an rtsp stream from the IP camera and an http stream from the audio encoder via VLC. I have not had any luck combining the two streams in VLC and through my research I believe it is possible with Wowza. I have never used Wowza however so I need help accomplishing this task. Here are the two objectives:

1. Help me determine the best platform for my application and help install and optimize the Wowza Media Server.

This will be a very low usage application. I anticipate maybe 10 people trying to access the stream from their website at a time. They have a Windows 7 laptop that is available for use if appropriate. I also thought it might be a better option to install to an Amazon instance since they would then not have to worry with hardware maintenance. Recommendations and pros and cons for either scenario are requested. Which ever platform is decided upon, installation and optimization of the server is requested.

1. Configure the server to combine the two network streams and output a single stream that can be accessed via their website.

The server needs to take the rtsp feed from the IP camera and the http stream from the audio encoder and combine them into one output stream. The two streams need to be synchronized so the audio and video match. The output stream needs to be something that can be embedded into their website and can be viewed by either windows or mac clients.

As for timeframe, I would like to have something in place for testing by Thursday for Friday of this week (5/9/13, 5/10/13) if possible.

There is an approved budget for this project. Please send quotes!

Kyle King

Owner

King Network and Media Services