Thread: Record only transcoded stream automatically

Default Record only transcoded stream automatically

Hello,

I need to broadcast about 30 streams at the same time. The sources for the streams are IP-cameras which provides H264/G.711 signal. I am going to transcode audio part of the signal into AAC using the transcoder add-on. I've setup the environment and it works perfectly.

My next aim is to record the transcoded streams and here are the 2 requirements:

1. I need to record only the transcoded streams
    2. I need recording to start automatically

I setup the original streams to be started automatically in conf/StartupStreams.xml . I can record all the streams if I used stream type "live-record". Or I can use the Live Stream Record module and start recording manually. But I need to record the transcoded streams only like it would be with "live-record" stream type.

Can I do that at all? Can I do it w/o programming? If I need to code something, how would you implement the functionality?

Thank you
    Maxim

Maxim,

Take a look at this article:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ActionNotify3)

Richard

Thank you for the answer!

So only by the code change. Ok, probably we will do that.

Btw an option similar to StartupStreams.xml but for recording would be really useful. Please implement it in a future :-)

I forward your suggestion. I was thinking template setting would be easy: a record flag per /Encode. Not sure if it will float. I'll let you know.

Richard

Wondering if this idea ever went anywhere, since the existing "record all incoming" is basically unusable (the fact that I'm using it notwithstanding). It doesn't record incoming streams, it records all published streams, which might be useful, but certainly isn't the primary/only use case. It would be great if at the minimum one could exclude transcoded by configuration. That said, since the recordings aren't really controllable, since they don't honor the defaults used in the sample modules, it would really require more control in that way too to be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    I forward your suggestion. I was thinking template setting would be easy: a record flag per /Encode. Not sure if it will float. I'll let you know.

Richard