Thread: Streaming with Quicktime Broadcaster - recorded files are segmented

Default Streaming with Quicktime Broadcaster - recorded files are segmented

I have a client who streams to a Wowza server with Quicktime Broadcaster because he does not have an Intel Mac or PC to run Flash Media Live Encoder. I can test using QTB or FMLE, and have found that the recording of the live stream to the server is in a single file with FMLE, but in segmented files with QTB.

Is there a setting that I can change to force Wowza to record to one file on the server while using QTB?

I'm not sure why that would be happening unless there was network problems interrupting the stream or you were using HTTPLiveStreamRecord to record in segments. Assuming it has something to do with network interruptions, you can have Wowza append instead of version files by adding these two Property settings to the Application.xml /Streams Properties container:

<Property>
    					<Name>versionFile</Name>
    					<Value>false</Value>
    					<Type>Boolean</Type>
    				</Property>
    				<Property>
    					<Name>appendFile</Name>
    					<Value>true</Value>
    					<Type>Boolean</Type>
    				</Property>
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    I'm not sure why that would be happening unless there was network problems interrupting the stream or you were using HTTPLiveStreamRecord to record in segments. Assuming it has something to do with network interruptions, you can have Wowza append instead of version files by adding these two Property settings to the Application.xml /Streams Properties container:

<Property>
    					<Name>versionFile</Name>
    					<Value>false</Value>
    					<Type>Boolean</Type>
    				</Property>
    				<Property>
    					<Name>appendFile</Name>
    					<Value>true</Value>
    					<Type>Boolean</Type>
    				</Property>
    Richard

Would this be effective even if segmenting is not enabled? On second thought, it does version files with the same name (e.g. streaming one week and then the next). Would appending cause two separate live streams with the same name to be appended to each other?
    Last edited by nitsuj102284; 05-09-2013 at 07:16 PM.