Wowza Community

GoCoder SDK available?

Hi,

I wonder if it could be posible to get a SDK for integrate GoCoder likely player in an iOS app,

Thanks in advance,

Thank you for your inquiry. This is something we are considering, but we have no set time frame.

-Lisa

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this request along again to our Product Management team.

-Lisa

There is no update as far as I know. It is possible in the future, but I do have any time frame.

Richard

Still no info as far as I know.

Richard

Same here, we are waiting for such an SDK for a long time actually.

As soon as its available for iOS we would implement it right away.

Is there any update on the SDK?

I would highly appreciate it.

Hi Richard

Do you have new informations on this topic that you could share with us?

Hi Daren or Richard

So before integrating any 3rd party SDK, I wanted to confirm with you WOWZA guys if there is no plan to release any SDK within the upcoming weeks?

(Both for iOS and Android)

Regards

Mierco

Actually there’s several ways to do an encoder for wowza:

1. using ffmpeg libraries for Android;

2. using libstreaming libraries.

for my personal opinion the best way is using libstreaming libs because you are able to implement the security of the channel, with the

ffmpeg it’s hard to implement the FMLE auth or something like that.

Alessandro

Can i have latest update on this thread?

Hello,

We offer both a GoCoder white label and now also GoCoder SDK. The SDK simplifies mobile app development for iOS and Android by offering a common, cross-platform API to capture and stream live video and audio with broad support for the ever growing spectrum of connected, handheld devices. For more information, contact sdkteam@wowza.com. The SDK includes iOS and Android sample apps and full API reference documentation.

-Lisa

Hello,

I regret you are still waiting. Yes, GoCoder SDK is available. I will follow up internally now to move your request along. Thank you for your patience.

-Lisa

I’d like to add my support to this request. An SDK would allow this to be more useful. Thanks!

Hi,

Nothing as yet. there is no time-frame currently set for availability.

Daren

+1. Yes, I would be an early adopter of any potential GoCoder SDK for iOS (And Android). I’ve taken a look, and writing encoder functionality in ObjC is no small task, and presents some very tricky licensing issues.

I’d like to throw my hat into the ring as well and say that an SDK would be awesome!

This feature is still a possibility but there is no timeframe available.

It’s a pitty.

Thanks

It would also like to have an SDK or licence to be used in iOS apps.