Thread: nDVR and stream interruption

Default nDVR and stream interruption

Hi All.

Have a few questions abot nDVR functionality:
    1. If UDP stream interrupts for some reason - it resets DVR, so it starts recording from the scratch. Is there any way to handle stream interruption other way? Black screen maybe.
    2. Is there a record limit in latest version of wowza? I read about 36 hours max, but tests show us, that it works propertly even whith 7 days recorded data. Can we use it in production?
    3. How we can restart Wowza without loosing all old DVR data?

Thanks!

Hi,
    You can set nDVR ArchiveStrategy using the guide found here,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....live-streaming

The section you're looking for is below but you can refer to this link for other configuration changes if required.

DVR/ArchiveStrategy: Specifies what the DVR store does with an old stream when a new stream of the same application instance and stream name starts. Options include:
    append: Append the new stream to the end of the previous DVR store. This is the default value.
    delete: Delete the old DVR store and start a new one.
    version: Create a new DVR store with the next available version number. The old DVR store isn't deleted.

I think this section answers all of your questions.

Jason

Default version 4.3 problem are reproduced

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Hi,
    You can set nDVR ArchiveStrategy using the guide found here,
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....live-streaming

The section you're looking for is below but you can refer to this link for other configuration changes if required.

DVR/ArchiveStrategy: Specifies what the DVR store does with an old stream when a new stream of the same application instance and stream name starts. Options include:
    append: Append the new stream to the end of the previous DVR store. This is the default value.
    delete: Delete the old DVR store and start a new one.
    version: Create a new DVR store with the next available version number. The old DVR store isn't deleted.

I think this section answers all of your questions.

Jason
    Hi, i have same issue, my archive strategy for application is setted to archive, also ndvr window setted keep all data, but when i made restart of application the dvr data strart recording from 0, i see it in testing player with hds, another problem that dvr stop after 33 hours of recording and does not matter what windows duration are setted.

Hi,

The maximum window is 30 hours for DVR. We don't recommend exceeding this as it can cause performance issues. If you require a very large recording then I'd recommend the live stream recording method.

If you are finding that the archive setting is not working then please raise this as a ticket via customer support.

Paul