Wowza Community

Wowza for android audio/video chat application

Hi,

we are creating an application with audio/ video / text chat functionality for all platform. We have done that with WEB & IPhone. But getting the issue with android. If we are taking about the FLEX for all platform then in this mobile device not have the echo cancellation option. And if taking native android then not found any way to communicate in real time for audio/video.

Can you guys help me out in this ?

Thanks and waiting for your response.

Kind Regards,

Kapil Khandal

hi Kapil,

I’m not sure we can help with that. I think you may have to target recent Android devices only, see what can be accomplished. And I don’t think Flash is available on current and going forward, so not sure how Flex/Flash app will fit in.

Richard

Kapil,

There are no AEC features in Wowza. There isn’t a way to manage echo server-side for a remote device.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your message.

I am creating the APP using the FLEX. Which is supported on recent Android devices.

Actually the issue is Audio quality. When we are using the mobile device microphone we are getting higher noise & echo in that. In the FLEX web version we have the option AEC but this is not available for mobile applications. So that we need some server side coding ( library ) to reduce the echo & remove the noise as much as possible and ASAP.

We are using the wowza for our all client with WEB & IOS version. If you guys can help me out with this then it would be better for other also. I checked so many forums for this issues but no success. If you guys can help me then its great for us. Otherwise I need to think about other server just because of this issue ( it increase lot of my work also).

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Kapil Khandal

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your message. I post a reply but not seen here, dont know what happen with that anyways…

Actually we are going to create the Android APP using the FLEX SDK, which is supported on latest android devices. We have done the work with IOS & Web using the Wowza server but not getting success on android.

We also try this same with native android SDK but still no luck. When I try using the FLEX only the issue which I face is Echo & Noise in audio ( because FLEX for mobile not have the AEC solution it is only for web). Because of this we need some server side solution for echo cancellation & reduce noise.

I try lot of search and forums but no luck. If you guys can help me out on this it would be great solution otherwise I need to think about other server which can solve this issues ( just because of noise & echo, this increase my work a lot).

Kind Regards,

Kapil Khandal