Wowza Community

Stream stops unexpectedly after 1-2 mins

Hi,

We are using ffmpeg to encode our rtmp to many different bit rate streams, it all works perfectly however after 1-2 minutes I get the following error message and the stream stops. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.removeLiveStreamPacketizer[sd_outgoing/def inst/projectnutrition_90p]: Destroy live stream packetizer: cupertinostreamingp acketizer

INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.removeLiveStreamPacketizer[sd_outgoing/def inst/projectnutrition_480p]: Destroy live stream packetizer: cupertinostreaming packetizer

INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.removeLiveStreamPacketizer[sd_outgoing/def inst/projectnutrition_180p]: Destroy live stream packetizer: cupertinostreaming packetizer

INFO server comment - MediaStreamMap.removeLiveStreamPacketizer[sd_outgoing/def inst/projectnutrition_360p]: Destroy live stream packetizer: cupertinostreaming packetizer

INFO session comment 1748466651 client connectionClosed [1748466651] pingtimeout

It sounds like you are having network problems based on the pingtimout statement. What is your encoder configuration? Do you have enough upload bandwidth available to accomodate the published streams? Are you using wireless or any type of cellular carrier network infrastructure? How does the workflow perform when you send a single stream?

-Tim

Hi,

Check the CPU usage while the issue is occurring to see if it’s CPU issue.

You can lower the bitrates of each stream and if that doesn’t work reduce the amount of transcodes FFmpeg is doing.

Jason

Hi,

You seem to have answered your own question here. If you do not use ffmpeg it works fine, if you do it doesnt. It suggests that either CPU or network is an issue and by using FFMPEG it is driving one or both to the point where your PC can not stay connected.

Andrew.

Hi, I’m not sure it is a network based error because if I stream without encoding via ffmpeg it keeps running perfectly. Even when I run a simple ffmpeg command to transcode the video to h.264 I get the same error. I am basically capturing and broadcasting my webcam to wowza, ffmpeg transcodes this and servers it back to wowza. I have increased the java heap size and I still get the same problem, can you please advice how to proceed!

Oh ok, is there anything you would recommend looking at to fix this?