Thread: Connect Timeout Values

Default Connect Timeout Values

FYI, newbie to Wowza.

I have 2 wireless IP cameras sitting on a 10MB wireless network that need to stream 24/7/365. When blips in network connectivity occur, Wowza loses connection (but a VLC Media Player playing the RTSP streams right from each camera can handle to the blips and continues once it's got a connection again) and stops streaming until I go in and reset each stream.

Are there any setting(s) in Wowza I can adjust to raise the threshold for these losses in connectivity?

You can enable ModuleMediaCasterStreamMonitorAdvanced for the occasional reset of unhealthy streams:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....Caster-streams

If the network is very sketchy this monitor might cause too many resets,

Richard

I tried it, but now the streams keeps dying after about 30 seconds so I had to remove it. Anything else I can try?

Are you using StreamType "rtp-live"? If so, use StreamType "live" and StreamManager or /conf/StartUpStreams.xml to start the stream. Then Wowza should keep trying to re-connect.

And/or it may be your RTMP player. What are you using? Players like JW Player and Flowplayer will disconnect when they get notifications that are sent in this case. If you test with the Wowza /examples/LiveVideoStreaming/FlashRTMPPlayer/player.html, you will see different behavior in this is the case, because that player does disconnect or stop streaming in this case, it ignores that notification.

JW player 5 (not 6) has a Live Stream Reconnect plugin that will keep trying to re-connect:
    http://www.longtailvideo.com/addons/.../97/Livestream

Richard

I'm using Flowplayer, so I guess I'm stuck

They might have something similar for Flowplayer, though nothing comes up in quick search. You can modify Flowplayer source code like this:

http://flowplayer.org/documentation/...vironment.html

Richard

That's a bit over my head, I'm afraid. Appreciate the help, sir.