Hi @all,

our Wowza Streaming server currently shows a strange behavior when we try to playback a file via RTSP.
Let's say, I open VLC and enter a network stream URL like rtsp://mywowzaserver.com/application/subdirectory/video.mp4

Then, VLC gives me an error stating "nothing to play for url..."
When I look into the wowza error look, I see an error message like

WARN	server	MediaReaderH264.open[1]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.1.2\content\applicationdir\video.mp4 (The system cannot find the file specified)
Actually, the video file exists and is placed at D:\Wowza Media Systems\Wowza Media Server 3.1.2\content\applicationdir\subdirectory\video.mp4.
The StorageDir for the Application is configured to ${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content/applicationdir

It seems like the MediaReaderH264 ignores the specified subdirectory and simply tries to load the video file from the application root.

When I try the same thing via RTMP, everything works fine.
When I try the same thing via RTSP and with the URL I]rtsp://mywowzaserver.com/application/subdirectory/subdirectory/video.mp4[/I] it also works.

We currently use Wowza server version 3.1.2.

I think it already worked as expected in the past before we upgraded our Wowza server, so I assume this is a custom configuration issue.
But I do not know where to start my analysis. How can I best isolate the reason for this behavior and solve the issue.

Thanks in advance