Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too high CPU usage after subscription PER MONTH

Default Too high CPU usage after subscription PER MONTH

I have a strange situation here

I used my free trial license and everything worked perfectly, at peak times maximum Wowza reported 50% CPU usage

Yesterday my trial license expired, so today I paid my subscription PER MONTH, but now that I have almost no traffic, Wowza reports 520% CPU usage !!!

What could it be?

Why before paying all run well and not now?

I did not do any changes or edit any configuration to my Wowza

I started Wowza as an instance to detect any error report but nothing, everything seems normal

During the first days of my trial I did to PERFORMANCE TUNING. As I said as much CPU usage was 50%

I hope you can help me on this,

Hi,
    A few things to try would be:

1: Reboot the entire system
    2: Check the tuning settings to see if they reverted or changed
    3: Run jconsoul to monitor the activity of the server

Also, Wowza stores memory in the Java heap size, which may need to be lowered (see performance tuning)

Salvadore

Ok before reboot the entire system Can you help me if my performance tunning is acceptable ??

My server:

Dell Dual Xeon 5520 (8 cpus)
    32GB RAM
    CentOS 6.4 64 bits
    My Java versión:

root@server [~]# java -version
    java version "1.7.0_19"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (rhel-2.3.9.1.el6_4-x86_64)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)
    [install-dir]/bin/setenv.sh

JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xmx8000M"
    /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/bin/wms.sh

ulimit -n 20000
    /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/bin/startup.sh

ulimit -n 20000
    My disk is mounten with noatime option

This situation still seems strange to me

How is it possible that yesterday, when I had the free trail everything worked fine (50% CPU and Load .80) and today, I already paid my monthly subscription, is wrong (520% CPU and Load 5.10)

I appreciate the help

Looks okay for your system. Make sure to make the changes to the VHost.xml shown in the tuning guide.

Richard

Now I found another problem that had not before paying!

I have a lots of this error:

WARN server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.handleHolder[5936soyguerrero/_definst_/guerrerovideo]: Over flush iteration limit.
    WARN server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handleHolder[5936soyguerrero/_definst_/guerrerovideo]: Over flush iteration limit.
    WARN server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerSanJose.handleHolder[5936soyguerrero/_definst_/guerrerovideo]: Over flush iteration limit.
    WARN server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handleHolder[5936soyguerrero/_definst_/guerrerovideo]: Over flush iteration limit.
    INFO stream destroy videoultra -
    INFO cupertino disconnect 1309956593 -
    during my 1 month free trial I never had this problem !!

You you guys think it has affected before and after my free month? I can't undertand ... everything was working fine

Should I uninstall and do a fresh new Installation to my Wowza Server ??? and see what's happend ?

I think this problem (which is rare) was just fixed in patch 8:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....lopment-Builds

Richard

Hi Richard

I patch my wowza and the problem "Over flush iteration limit." Is fix it !!

BUT !!!! the CPU Usage Is still too high, 520%

Do you recommend restarting my entire server?

yes, re-boot the system

Hi Salvadore and richard

Only want to update my situation

I would wait at night to restart the server, but to my surprise, that at this time the CPU usage is normal 40% and Load .70

Shoud I still reboot ? or Or is it better to wait to see how it behaves tomorrow ?

Here you can see the graph of CPU usage spike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast