Wowza Community

wowza webm streaming

Hi every one.

I have been using wowza as media server for months, I made a little C++ application that is able to “push” MPEG-TS(H264+AAC) data to my wowza instance and I can connect from a player(for example VLC) to wowza in order to reproduce that stream. Now, I would like to push webm(VP8+Vorbis) form my application.

Well, i read this: http://blog.webmproject.org/2010/12/live-streaming-webm-with-wowza-server.html, and my ask is: Is wowza able to stream webm?

Many thanks.

Miguel,

It has not been released. We are still considering when we will officially add support for webm.

Richard

Hi,

It is still a very likely future feature, but there is not a time frame for webM features.

Richard

+1 for Webm please

Miguel,

It has not been released. We are still considering when we will officially add support for webm.

Richard

Any update on this by chance? Live streaming to Android 4.0 and up is such a HUGE pain now. It’d be nice to have WebM.

Hello,

Do you have any new information about?

Thank you so much.

Hi,

WebM support continues to be under consideration. I am unable to speculate as to a date or time frame when this feature might be released.

Be sure to keep an eye on our Production Build and Development Build Pages for updates. There is also an RSS feed available on both pages as well.

-Tim

Erik, please see my reply to your other post here

Thank you,

Salvadore

Miguel,

Richard

Many thanks Richard for your quick answer.

“Wowza Streaming Engine 4.3.0.01 is now available for download! Check the My Downloads tab for updates. Click Release Notes for more info.”

I’m an enthusiastic user of the Wowza Streaming Engine but still now news about webm… Or am I missing something?

Erik