Wowza Community

When to rename the recorded Mp4 file?

Hi,

I have a liverecod application in which the recorded video is stored in the wowza server as .flv file by default. By using ‘ModuleMediaWriterFileMover’ a copy of the flv file is converted to mp4 file and stored in the wowza server as wel. Now i want to rename both(flv & mp4) the files. Renaming is possible only for that flv file but it is not getting renamed for the mp4 file. Am renaming the flv file on onWriteComplete method and it is getting renamed but it is not renaming for the mp4 file. I want to know when can i rename the mp4 file ?

Hi Sharmi,

You can get a higher level of control over moving and re-naming streams with the IMediaWriterActionNotify module:

How to use IMediaWriterActionNotify to programmatically move and rename recordings of live streams

Salvadore

Hi,

I tried using the above link i know how to rename flv file. But it is not getting renamed for mp4. Where to get the exact mp4 file renaming place on writecomplete method?

Hi Sharmi,

You can get a higher level of control over moving and re-naming streams with the IMediaWriterActionNotify module:

How to use IMediaWriterActionNotify to programmatically move and rename recordings of live streams

Salvadore

Hi Shami,

You could try adding this method:

public void onMP4AddMetadata(IMediaStream stream, Map<String, Object> extraMetadata)
 {
 getLogger().info("ModuleWriteListener.onMP4AddMetadata["+stream.getContextStr()+"]");
}

Salvadore