Wowza Community

MP4 file not playing in Iphone

I have used this module ModuleMediaWriterFileMover to make a copy of flv file to mp4. When i try to play this mp4 file on iphone it is not working. But i can able to play sample.mp4 file in iphone. I think the problem might be in wowza during the conversion from flv file to mp4. So how do i rectify it ?

Hi there,

Did you make sure to Uncomment the fileMoverFileExtension property?

By default this is commented out:

<!--
<Property>
	<Name>fileMoverFileExtension</Name>
	<Value>mp4</Value>
	<Type>String</Type>
</Property>
-->

If you did uncomment this property do you get any error messages when trying to play the file?

Salvadore

If I’m understanding correctly, you’re just renaming your flv file with an mp4 extension. That doesn’t make the file an mp4 container, it just changes the file name

If that’s the case, that’s the reason for the error. An FLV won’t play back as a vod stream over any HTTP protocol. You’d need to actually convert the flv to mp4.

Hi ,

Am getting an error message like MediaReaderH264.open[2]: java.lang.Exception: QTUtils.parseQTMediaContainer: File is missing ‘moov’ atom.

Hi,

I have used this module to convert the flv to mp4 https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-move-recordings-from-live-streams. But it is not playing in iphone…

fileMoverFileExtension

mp4

String

Is this property converts flv to mp4 or it just rename the file extension ??

If so how do i convert flv to mp4. Main requirement is i want to play vod on iphone. How can i achieve this ?

Hi,

That Property only renames the file it doesn’t convert to mp4 wrapper.

If you’re recording a live stream you can make the encoder send a message to Wowza to record the file as .mp4 file by adding “mp4:” prefix to the stream name.

Example: mp4:myStream would save as myStream.mp4 instead of myStream.flv.

Jason

Can you post your Application.xml file?

Salvadore