Wowza Community

not getting image overlay on live streams

I have configured wowza 3.5 for live and recording (on demand )steam.

Now I want to display company logo on live and recording stream.

Added transcoder to conf/live/Application.xml

And modified /transcoder/templates/transrates.xml to add

1. image path content/img.jpg

2. set opacity to 50

Do I need to implement new Transcoder module ? But I don’t want any animation . I want to only display image on live and recording stream.

Hi there,

You need to use you full path to the image, so your path should look like:

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome }/content/img.jpg

Make sure you set to true:

<Overlay>
<Enable>true</Enable>

Also VOD (on demand) is not supported by Wowza Transcoder.

Salvadore

HI there

That exactly what i want to do.I am new here and i am not so familiar with its function.I want to display image on live and recording stream.But it seems unuseful for me in this area.

There is indeed some useful solution here.But i want to know that if there is some image program which supports to display the image directly.Thanks for any suggestions.

Are you testing playback of one of the transcoded streams? The source is not transcoded, so it will have no overlay. The transcoded renditions will have the overlay. For example, if the source is named “myStream”, trying playing myStream_360p.

Otherwise, we’ll have to take a closer look. Please first re-start Wowza, then start the stream, then test playback of one of the transcoded streams. Then zip up /conf and /transcoder folders and the current access log showing the re-start and tests, and send to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard

Recording a live stream with HTTPProvider is not video on demand. But you can record a stream that was transcoded with a water mark by the Wowza Transcoder, then play it back later as video on demand. The recording should have the watermark.

Richard

Are you playing and/or recording one of the transcoded renditions? The live source is not transcoded. If the live stream source is named “myStream” and you are using one of the default templates there will be a myStream_160p and myStream_360p. Make sure you are enabling the overlay for one of these and that you are playing that stream.

Richard

Are you playing back one of the transcoded streams, as I mentioned? Please describe exactly what you are doing to test.

Richard

Lee,

The template is a starting place, a working example. You can modify it to your needs. As always, good idea to keep a copy of the original to revert to.

Richard

Wowza support - I wonder if it is possible to use an image that is externally hosted? Such as on AWS?

Thanks,

J

Hello Richard,

I saw in one of the messages above, you said ‘if the source is named “myStream”, trying playing myStream_360p’. I played the stream name + ‘_360p’, and it indeed worked.

However, I am curious what the 360p means. Is it something to do with the dimensions of the video?

lee

Okie,

Forget that last question. I understand now what the ###p thing is all about.

Does this mean that I need to configure all the stream types in the file? Is it possible to just encode for one type and play only that stream type?

lee

I used full path only . also copied my jpg image to /home/wowza/content folder.

I enabled true.

my img is of size 90 by 90.

is there any other configuration which i missed ?

We are recording when motion happens. and we want to add water mark to recordings also.

You mean if we are using recording through httpprovider (on demand) , then can not get benifit of this watermarking feature .

Is there any other way to add watermark to vod recordings through wowza ?

First I want to test overlay for live stream then recording.

Salvadore mentioned that VOD (on demand) is not supported by Wowza Transcoder . Does it mean that if we are using recording through httpprovider (on demand) , then can not get benifit of this watermarking feature .

Thanks rrlanham .

I am following instructions given on below link

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-add-graphic-overlays-to-live-streams-with-wowza-transcoder

I have copied my jpg image to /home/wowza/content folder.

image path in transrate it ${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content/HM.png

I enabled true.

Still live live stream is not displaying watermark. Do I need to add custom module implementation provided in TranscoderOverlayExampleFiles.zip

I am able to see live view using wowza and wants to display wantermark.

I have made changes to transcoder/template/transrate.xml.

set true for all encode

enabled Overlay.

Modified conf/live/Application.xml and added below for transcoder.

transcoder

transrate.xml

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/transcoder/templates

I just want to display static icon on my live stream.

Yes, I am playing transcoded live stream.

I have configured wowza 3.5 for live and recording using httpprovider with 30 day trial license. It works fine.

I followed steps given in https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-and-run-wowza-transcoder-for-live-streaming#configTemplate.

After that I added transcoder in conf/liv/Application.xml to add watermark to live stream.

We are using H.264 stream so using /transcoder/templates/transrate.xml template. In the template enabled overlay (set true) and

Stream manager shows below sterams under live/_definist

001204A006F5.stream_mobile[remove stream group]

240p

160p

001204A006F5.stream_all[remove stream group]

source

240p

360p

160p

Can I use watermark without transcoding ?

sorry, I was not using transcoded live stream

I can see wowza icon after playing transcoded stream.

Thanks for hwlping

Hi,

The ImagePath is somewhere on the filesystem. It could be a mountpoint of a network share, or you could create a simple script using wget or curl to fetch an image file via an HTTP call and place it in the ImagePath directory.

Paul