Thread: Wowza memory consumption increasing on

Question Wowza memory consumption increasing on

HI,

I am running Wowza in a Centos server of 8GB memory. But wowza memory consumption starts with around 300 MB and continuously goes on increasing and finally stops.

But only this come is error log:
    RTPMulticastListener.unbind: java.net.SocketException: Cannot assign requested address

I have already set my setenv.sh as below:

_EXECJAVA=java
    JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xmx4000M"

# Better garbage collection setting to avoid long pauses
    JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:NewSize=256m"

# Uncomment to log debug garbage collection information
    NOW=$(date +"%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M")
    JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -verbose:gc -Xloggc:"/usr/local/WowzaMediaServer/logs/gc_$NOW.log" -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+PrintHeapAtGC -XX:+PrintGCApplicationConcurrentTime -XX:+PrintGCApplicationStoppedTime"

# Uncomment to write heap dump on OutOfMemoryError
    JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:HeapDumpPath=/usr/local/WowzaMediaServer"

Thanks in Advance
    Birendra

Birendra,

Are you seeing "outOfMemory" messages in the access and error logs? Was a heap dump created? With that last line un-commented, a heap dump will be created at /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer if outOfMemory occurs. If there is a file there, zip that up along with your /conf folder and recent access logs including the time period that this last happened to support@wowza.com

Include a link to this thread for reference.

Otherwise, if you are seeing memory use go up and down in a saw-tooth pattern (if you are looking at in JConsole), that is normal. The Java Garbage Collection is working.

Richard

Also, assuming outOfMemory did occur, do you have custom modules? Is this a dedicated Wowza server, or are there other applications running?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Birendra,

Are you seeing "outOfMemory" messages in the access and error logs? Was a heap dump created? With that last line un-commented, a heap dump will be created at /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer if outOfMemory occurs. If there is a file there, zip that up along with your /conf folder and recent access logs including the time period that this last happened to support@wowza.com

Include a link to this thread for reference.

Otherwise, if you are seeing memory use go up and down in a saw-tooth pattern (if you are looking at in JConsole), that is normal. The Java Garbage Collection is working.

Richard
    Hi Richard,

There no specific error logs. I reported it to support@wowza.com as well. I tried to trace it using JConsole, I am seeing a fluctuation in CPU usage also.

I have to restart the server in every 10-12 hrs

Birendra

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Also, assuming outOfMemory did occur, do you have custom modules? Is this a dedicated Wowza server, or are there other applications running?

Richard
    No, I am not using any custom module and yes, the server is dedicated for Wowza only.

Thanks,
    Birendra

I'm having the same problem, did you get a solution?

Hi,

I have recently upgraded Wowza to 3.6.2. It seems to have solved the issue.

Birendra