Thread: Stream Manager Logon Problem

Default Stream Manager Logon Problem

Am trying to stream using MPEG TS (Teradek Cube) . I have read the tutorial on the steps to to enable this . Unfortunately I have hit a road block when trying to logon to WOWZA Stream Manager. I have added my userid and password to the admin.password file as instructed. When prompted for the userid and password to start Stream Manager , my keyed userid and password is not accepted. I have double checked everything and have run out of ideas.

I would appreciate any directions on what I may be doing incorrectly.

Thanks in advance

Make sure there is one line with no hidden characters and just a space between the username and password, and that it is a plain text file, and that your text editor didn't add a .txt extension.

username[space]password

Richard

Thanks Richard for quick reply. MAC OSX won't let me remove extension as there is already a file there called admin.password. The file is a .exe. When I installed WOWZA there was not a admin.password text file to modify , I had to create it.

Ok.. Figured out how to remove .txt from file name . Unfortunately , the userid and password prompt still does not accept my userid and password . Where to now.? Id there a log file I can look at that might tell me the problem? Is there a default userif and password I can try. ?

Thanks

Make sure it is a plain text file. There is mac editor that sounds like it is a text editor but it doesn't write plain text files by default.

Richard

Great advice. deleted file and recreated using Text Wrangler , runs like a dream .. Thanks very much

Great! Glad that is working. Thanks for the update

Richard