Thread: Wowza + CloudFront live HTTP stream

Default Wowza + CloudFront live HTTP stream

Hi,

From what I've read, Wowza still does not officially support CloudFront. However, I've also read that some people have done this successfully. I am 95% of the way there but hoped that someone on the forum might help with the last 5%.

I have a medium EC2 instance running the DevPay version of Wowza 3.5. I have followed the instructions to set the instance up as HTTP Origin server. I have a CloudFront download distribution pointing to the origin on port 1935 (instead of the default, 80) and a minimum TTL of 2 seconds.

Here is the problem: HLS works.. mostly. The only thing is that the video skips back every 5 - 15 seconds. If I hit the m3u8 playlist directly on the EC2 instance (bypassing CF) it works beautifully. So the skipping backwards problem is definitely a CF problem... I just don't know how to fix it.

Any help or clues would be great!

PS.. it *seems* to be only iOS devices. HLS on my Android is ok.
    Last edited by mattbodman; 06-02-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: more info

I have it working fine on Cloudfront but just used port 80, not sure why you need to go to 1935.

Quote Originally Posted by ajsinclair View Post
    I have it working fine on Cloudfront but just used port 80, not sure why you need to go to 1935.
    Only because 1935 is the default port Wowza uses to publish. In any case, that was the only way I could get the CF distribution to work at all. Can you tell me what you're using to encode?