Thread: Trouble with Authorizing

Default Trouble with Authorizing

Hello,

I am relatively new to Wowza and EC2, so apologies if this is something basic. However I am having trouble accessing non-public content available in my S3 bucket. I can play public media, but not media that requires authorization.

I have followed the instructions in the EC2 User's Guide and edited the MediaCache.xml adding the awsAccessKeyId and awsSecretAccessKey. I have verified that I can access the content using those <key,value> pairs via the command line tools. I have rezipped into a startup.xml, yet when I go to play the content I get the familiar Failed to Play/Stream Not Found" message. Examining the error logs, I can clearly see the HTTP 403 response being sent back.

I'm sure there must be some way to debug this further, so I would appreciate any tips/pointers.

Server is 3.5.2.01 build3917, WowzaMediaServer-s3-lickey-3.5.2.01-x86_64, on an m1.small AIM

Thanks in advance,
    Scott
    Last edited by ScottR; 06-05-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Hi Scott,

Here is a list of possible issues to check for:

1: Check the AWS key and SecretKey, the common problem is that they are reversed.
    2:In the default /conf/MediaCache.xml, the AWS keys are commented out. Make sure you remove those.

3: This is one users solution to a similar problem:
    "Hey I finally got it working -- I didn't realize that S3 urls are region-specific. It looks like the default configuration will only work when the S3 bucket is in the US, but mine was in Singapore.

In my case I fixed the problem by setting /Root/MediaCacheSources/MediaCacheSource/BasePath to http://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/ in conf/MediaCache.xml. There is a table of regions and URLs here: http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/ge...html#s3_region .

Seems this was the only problem. "

If none of these solutions work for you, you may want to zip up the conf and logs folders and send them to support@wowza.com. Include a link to this thread for reference.

Salvadore