Thread: Please help: push and release on security issues and multi-rate problem

Lightbulb Please help: push and release on security issues and multi-rate problem

My scenario is this:
    The video stream using ffmpeg pushed to WMS, and then by the WMS to provide users m3u8 playlists.

ffmpeg code is as follows:
    ffmpeg -i "rtsp://userass@" -rtsp_transport tcp -acodec libvo_aacenc -b:a 32k -ar 48k -ac 1 -s 352x288 -vcodec libx264 -b:v 384k -flags +loop -partitions +parti4x4+partp8x8+partb8x8 -subq 5 -trellis 1 -refs 1 -coder 0 -me_range 16 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -bt 384k -maxrate 384k -bufsize 384k -rc_eq 'blurCplx^(1-qComp)' -qcomp 0.6 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -level 30 -aspect 352:288 -g 30 -r 25 -async 2 -f flv rtmp://

Where: ffmpeg push server where IP is:, WMS server IP is:, origin IP address is:, client player through watch the video.

Question 1: How to set limits in the WMS, allowing only the server IP address is push to the flow, and allows any IP client connect the player to watch.
    Question 2: How to become a client visit:
    Question 3: How to achieve multi-rate, for example: when the client access achieve 512K bit rate of the video,
    visit 256K bit rate of the video when you realize.

Good morning,

You can use this module to limit what ip address can publish the stream:
    How to combat hotlinking your Adobe Flash SWF file

And you can provide Adaptive bitrate streaming

Follow up,

1: Here is an article on using ffmpeg with Wowza:
    How to use FFmpeg with Media Wowza Server (MPEG-TS)

2: ffmpeg does not create keyframe aligned versions of files, and keyframe alignment is vital to Adaptive Bitrate streaming, have a look at the Wowza Transcoder AddOn:

3: Make sure you have "cupertinostreamingpacketizer" set in the "Streams/LiveStreamPacketizers" property of your Application.xml file.

Last edited by JasonH; 06-07-2013 at 08:59 AM.