Wowza Community

RTPDePacketizerMPEGTS.flushVideoBuffer: Video frame incomplete, dropping

Hi, I am relaying an incoming MPEG2 stream to H.264 as live repeater. But while streaming, the video is freezing for few seconds. I checked the logs… and it says:

RTPDePacketizerMPEGTS.flushVideoBuffer: Video frame incomplete, dropping

I have already set below in my Application.xml

logIncompleteMPEGTSVideoFrames

true

Boolean

Note: I have a 10 Mb dedicated bandwidth.

Thanks,

BIrendra

BIrendra,

That logging property is relevant to the incoming stream. That message is very possibly related to the freeze in playback, but it is an issue with the stream source. Wowza is reporting only.

Richard

Birendra,

I think you are already using the Jitter Buffer, as that is one of its properties. Wowza is only able to report problems with mpeg-ts streams, it can’t do anything to fix it in that case.

Richard

Hi Richard,

How can I trace the issue?. Wowza is mentioning the packet drop, Is there any way to mitigate this?

Birendra

Hello,

I found the same dropping log(RTPDePacketizerMPEGTS.flushVideoBuffer: Video frame incomplete, dropping) from Wowza’s acess log. Since I enabled “logIncompleteMPEGTSVideoFrames” logging property.

I am wondering that at new version, does Wowza fix the reported problems with mpeg-ts streams or not? Or only reporting the problems??

Hello Yutaka,

The Jitter Buffer is still the recommended method of correction but if the latency or source network is troublesome, it may not be able to correct all issues. The latest version of Wowza Streaming Engine 4.7.2 does include support for SRT streams. If you have an encoder that supports this, it is a much more reliable method of low-latency transport from the encoder to WSE.

Please see the SRT Alliance page for more information.

Best regards,

Andrew